General > Naturally Aspirated Tuning

Advice for m50b25tu with m54b30 intake cam

(1/3) > >>

jc43089:
Hey, just wondering if anyone is running the m54b30 intake cam in their m50b25tu.  Also which tune would be a good starting point.  I haven't purchased the chip yet but I will be getting one and installing it and the cam while its torn apart for the winter.  Also at what point do I need to upsize injectors?  Using some calculators it appears the stock 17# aren't good for much more than the stock 190hp.

No major mods, K&N CAI, m52 stock exhaust headers, .020 over, maxsil pistons, UUC flywheel, no A/C.

ding:
What exhaust cam will you be using, m50nv intake?

It seems like at this time they don't have a tune for that setup, and will probably tell you to start with the m50 performance.  But I could be wrong,  I plan on running the m54 intake and m50nv intake in the future, so hopefully it works out for you, and we can share some info.

jc43089:
Just using the stock exhaust cam, I was told by the guy who I got the cam from, who builds lots of BMW engines, that I should just use the stock exhaust cam unless going to turbo, then use the nv intake cam on the exhaust side.  I am curious if the m50 perf or a tune for m50 w/ s50 cams would be a better starting point.  The cam is about in the middle, but closer to the s50 cam.  This could be wrong about the exhaust cam advice, so take it with a grain of salt.

ding:
I would this the s50 cams tune would be very close if you used the m50nv cam for the exhaust, as the profile is close ish.

Alameer:
I would love and appreciate more information about this combination of camshafts in a M50 engine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version