General > Naturally Aspirated Tuning

Advice for m50b25tu with m54b30 intake cam

<< < (3/3)

nate:
Question, how do you plan on timing the engine with the M54 cam? I was told it cant be timed with the regular method.

jc43089:
It will time exactly the same with the m54b30 intake cam.  The tricky part is if you use an nv intake cam on the exhaust side the square won't be lined up.  From some pictures I have seen it may be with the flats at a 45 degree angle and the cam lobes at #1 cyl are a mirror of each other like this / \.  Definitely double check though, there was a template floating around for an alignment tool to be used with this setup.  I have never used a tool though, just a straightedge to get the squares flat works well.

munich.marauder:
Hey, I'm also looking at putting an M54 cam in for my intake, a 330i ZHP cam (S50 exhaust cam - timing/installation with stock tools FTW).  JC43089, any chance the you've made progress on figuring out the maps for your M54 3.0 intake? You're only 4 degrees and 0.3mm lift away from mine; also, what intake are you running - M50 or M52, and have you done anything to your tune for that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version