General > General Discussion

CEL on 95 325is

(1/3) > >>

nate:
Hey guys,

Got my WAR chip working today, car is running alright but I am getting CEL 1211 (DME). Anyone ever get this? I did some research and read that it doesn't effect functionality, any truth to this?

Thanks

millerperformance:
Hi Nate,

Correct, that code does not trigger any sort of limp mode. What color is your WAR Chip and what tune are you running. Also, what ECU. Thanks.

nate:
Thanks for the reply. My WAR chip is red and I am running the S50 tune with 24# injectors and 3.5 inch MAF. Using a red label 413.

millerperformance:
That is really strange. Please email us YOUR tune right off your WAR Chip. You shouldn't have a CEL problem at all. All you need to do is copy the tunes off your WAR Chip via My Computer as if it were a USB memory stick. Also, if you can snap a picture of your chip that would be great. Once in a super blue moon, the WAR Chip will exhibit a CEL simply because all of the electrically tolerances will be on one extreme or another. If they are on the low resistance side, the WAR Chip starts up a millisecond too slow and the ECU fails to verify the first few lines of code causing it to THINK that there is missing or corrupt data.

nate:
I disconnected the battery overnight again and the code hasn't reappeared since, but I haven't driven much. I will update tomorrow after I drive for a while to see if it stays off. Thanks for all the help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version