General > Turbo Tuning

Idle Issues

<< < (2/4) > >>

Chris91e30:
hey there guys, ive had the turbo tunning kit in my m50 swapped e30 and have had the exact same issues. ive swapped the dme and that didnt change , o2 on and off made no difference either. ive even turned the fuel in the idle tables to zero and can still start the car without issue and t still idles anywhere from 10.6 to 11afr with a little surging once its warmed up. ive tried different gaps on the plugs and even crazy timing changes just to see wat would happen and have had zero luck. i work for bmw and even im baffled. i also swapped the tps sensor for another one out of a another car in the shop and no change. i even put e85 in the car so it would lean out but only did so in part throttle the idle still drops into the 10s with e85! driving me crazy

powow66:
I'm sorry to hear that Chris91e30! I might change my tps sensor as well and maybe mess with some timing because that's where I'm at so far. Ill post of any headway I make once I go home for spring break this weekend. Is there any way to tag Brody or MillerP to this thread? I've been trying to contact them over the phone and email with no luck  :-\.

bulletholez:
I've had and been working on this issue since last spring with no avail, and also can't get ahold of them now. About to dump this kit and go RK. Happy to know it's not just my car being a freak.

powow66:
MIGHT HAVE FIGURED IT OUT. Don't hold me to this being the only solution, but it turns out despite my vaccum reading -22mmhg, I changed my injector seals with oem ones and lubed them up with Vaseline. Popped them back in and despite the fuel rail being empty of fuel the car started quickly and didnt stall out!! The car now idles pretty good with the o2 sensors on, fluctuating between 13.9-15.7 AFRs at 13.5 degrees of timing advance. Maybe I'm having good luck with the warm weather in Massachussetts, but I'll update in a few days to see if anything changes! I hope this helps guys!

millerperformance:

--- Quote from: bulletholez on March 06, 2016, 01:37:27 AM ---I've had and been working on this issue since last spring with no avail, and also can't get ahold of them now. About to dump this kit and go RK. Happy to know it's not just my car being a freak.

--- End quote ---

Have you tried grounding your ECU directly? Take a wire and wrap it around one of the ECU cover bolts and fasten the other end to a chassis ground directly. We have seen this problem lots, especially in swap cars.

Also, what is the MAF output voltage at idle? Should be around 0.7v

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version