Showroom > Projects

my E30 M20b28

(1/5) > >>

ifty:
here is the link to my build thread, let me know what you all  think.

http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=240729&highlight=

everything was done in my house its not the best thread but it is a start.

WAR cadet:
The link does not work for non members

ifty:

--- Quote from: WAR cadet on September 06, 2013, 10:59:52 AM ---The link does not work for non members

--- End quote ---

ill see what i can do

ifty:
I have owned the car for about 5 years now and it started life as a 320i cab, with factory heated leather seats when i bought the car it had chopped front springs a fiberglass tech 2 kit. iv removed the crap kit and put on a genuine caby tech 2 kit which took me about 2 years to find, as i did not want coupe skirts.

the things that ill be using:

Engine

M20B20 block freshly bored out to 84mm never had any pistons installed after it being bored  Very Happy
885 head
M30B35 injectors
290/290 newman cam
12 new valves 
12 new Heavy Duty Rocker Arms (from vingate bmw source they are the same as Ireland engineering only bought them from vintage bmw source as they accept payment via PayPal unlike Ireland engineering who want card details).
12 new Febi Eccentrics
new OEM oil spray bar
Miller 3" MAF + war chip
2.8 single vanos crank plus the spacer
face lift M20B25 pistons
M20B20 rods
new main bearings
new big end bearings
new piston rings
new oil pump 
BBTB
full s/s exhaust from the manifold to the tail pipes
new OEM rod bolts
head bolts 
water pump
thermostat 
all oil seals plus gaskets
new engine rubber mounts

there might be some items that i have missed out but in short everything is new apart from the crank,rods, and pistons.

gearbox

I'm going to keep the box that came with the car which is a 320i box.
ill be changing the shifter to a Z3 1.9 shiftier plus all the bushing and bearings. All the gearbox parts that iv bought are OEM.

things that iv already done.
GAZ coilovers all round
changed all the break pipes to copper and put on braided lines
all the bushes to poly apart from the diff mount bush
green stuff pads ( might upgrade to wilwood all round)

All the work that I have carried out can be proven.

I might have forgot something

I'm also going to have a few things powder coated in chrome around the engine bay like the covers.
I'm also going to paint the rocker cover and inlet manifold but wont tell you lot the colour as I'm doing something different (well that's what I think) once they are done ill let you guys judge it.

sorry for all the boring things.

ifty:
on the day when i received all 12 new valves. i felt like a kid again up my present

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version