Support > WAR Software Support

software not launching from chip

(1/3) > >>

mbb:
I recently purchased my 2nd WAR chip, this one used in a 179 ECU for a M30B34 w/the MAF upgrade and Motronic 1.3 conversion (in an '82 635). When I plug in the ECU, I can see the 5 files, but the software doesn't launch, the wizard doesn't run to install it.  This is a Dell Windows XP 5.1, fresh Java 8 ver. 25, good wireless internet connectivity.  Not sure what's happening, I've double-checked everything I can think of but nothing launches and w/o the installed software I can't access the files. Anyone have any thoughts on what I can try?  Thanks, Mike

lagwagon:
Did you buy the chip used? Some people delete the install files from the chip

mbb:
Update: yes, the chip is used. The PO sent me a link to the WAR software, its an old version (1.1 I think). The computer loads it, but hooking up to the ECU it just sits and waits to recognize the chip. Reminds me of the first WAR softwar version issues.  Anyone recall how to load up the newer version to get rid of the bugs?   Thanks, Mike

millerperformance:
In the support section there are links to the setup wizard. www.millerperformancecars.com/customer99/wiz

mbb:
Well this is frustrating, I download the WAR software, select the 179 files, all looks well. But hooking up to my ECU still is a dead fish, the software continues to look for the chip but never seems to find it. Reminds me of the early versions where the computer chugged away but never hooked up to the chip. Any thoughts? The chip shows files when plugged into the computer, 5 files total.  I'm out of ideas.  Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version