<< < (2/3) > >>

ding:
m54b30 Intake Cam = 240* @9.7 lift
s50/s52 Intake Cam = 252*@10.2 lift
m50tu Intake Cam = 228*@9mm lift

Non Vanos m50 Intake Cam = 240*@9.7mm lift
s50/s52 Exhaust cam =240*@9.7mm lift
m50tu Exhaust Cam =228*@9mm lift

So its not quite a set of s50/52 cams, but its really close and much cheaper.  I do know that you need to shave 5mm off the end of the m54 cam, as its a dual vanos cam, so it wasn't really made to work in the m50tu head, and you might need the tray and lifters as well from the m54, I forget.

Alameer:
Thanks a lot for the numbers, been looking for those figures for some time.

as for the trays for the m54 cam, i wonder if you should change the trays and lifters to M52 in order to accomodate the m54 intake cam.

so if i wanna do the cam mixture of M54 intake cam, and M50NV exhaust cam... does this mean that i need to have m52 tray for the m54 intake cam, and m50 tray for the m50NV exhaust cam?

jc43089:

--- Quote from: alameer on December 04, 2013, 01:12:54 PM ---Thanks a lot for the numbers, been looking for those figures for some time.

as for the trays for the m54 cam, i wonder if you should change the trays and lifters to M52 in order to accomodate the m54 intake cam.

so if i wanna do the cam mixture of M54 intake cam, and M50NV exhaust cam... does this mean that i need to have m52 tray for the m54 intake cam, and m50 tray for the m50NV exhaust cam?

--- End quote ---

This is correct about the trays, the lifters are a different diameter from the m50 to the m52.  M52 is the same as m54 though.  The trays are the same other than the lifter diameter, and the cutouts for the cam profile are larger on the later cams as they have extra material for vibration reduction.  The m52 and m54 trays are the same so when getting the m54 cam try to get the tray and lifters with it or you will be buying new lifters.  You would see right away the difference in OBD1 vs OBD2 cams.  The profile is the same though from a m50tu to an m52 and they are interchangeable as long as the tray matches the cam.

Alameer:
thanks a lot for the provided information :)
would i benefit a lot of using this combination of M54b30 cam with the M50NV intake cam?
if yes then what is the approximate numbers for such an addition to the engine over the stock cams?

jc43089:
Got the cam installed, won't be firing it up for a couple months yet, doing a bit of restoration work while snow is on the ground.  Still need to shorten the vanos gear up, hopefully I can get some dyno numbers over the summer.
Build thread:
http://www.wibimmers.com/board/index.php?/topic/2092-savin-big-money-project-thread/
The darker colored one is the m54b30 cam,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version