War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
 on: January 08, 2016, 08:44:53 PM 
Started by powow66 - Last post by powow66
Hey guys!

New to the forums, but have been reading through lots of threads and you guys have helped me a lot with my build!
I've spoken on the phone with Brody, and first of all I'd like to say I'm very happy with the m50/s50 turbo tuning kit. The WAR chip software is an amazing platform that has extended my knowledge of cars tenfold. So far on the base tune my car pulls great at 9psi, and I've been successfully playing around with the tune to get the AFRs around 12.5 at WOT. Part throttle the car is settling nicely around 14.7 at cruising speeds.

HOWEVER here's my current issue which is related to this thread ( http://forums.millerperformancecars.com/index.php?topic=65.msg241#msg241 ):

-When I cold start the car, I need to pump the throttle right afterwards because it seems like the car has fuel starvation and wants to stall out. The car will then idle fine and start to warm up, but I notice that my AFR's slowly drop from ~14.7 all the way down to about 10.9, which is way to rich I think.

-Additionally, the idle tends to lean out intermittently and the car stalls once its warm. Doesn't matter if I drove it around or not, I need to feather the gas so that the idle will hold. From what I've been told by the admins at MP and from what I've read, I do think that the O2 sensor is overshooting the fuel corrections to bring the AFRs to 14.7, and that by changing the idle fuel values, I can minimize how much correction is needed to smooth out my idle. The AFRs once the motor is warmed up hovers at about 11. My current issue lies here, because so far I've tried changing the idle fuel values on the base tune from 100 down to 70, but once rewritten I see no change in the AFR's, it even drops a bit down to 10.8 occasionally. Turning the O2 sensor off hasn't made any noticeable affect, but I will continue playing with the fuel map and O2 sensor tab tomorrow to see if I make any progress!

Here is a list of the major components of my build:

0.120" MLS Head Gasket
ARP Head studs kit
Precision 5858 turbo
Miller WAR chip
60 lb siemens injectors
Miller MAF
CXracing intercooler
CXracing tubular T3 manifold
Tial WG and
Tial BOV (Currently open vent at idle, good/bad?)
3" plumbing
IE Oil cooler cap + oil cooler
AEM wideband O2 sensor + gauge

Replaced components:

O2 sensor
Knock sensors
Camshaft + Crankshaft position sensors
fuel pump
copper plugs (gapped to 0.025")
Ignition coils +boots
Cylinder head temp sensors
Oil pressure sensor
Both timing chain tensioners

Addionally:

-ecu scanned with no codes
-O2 sensors are about 5" from the exhaust turbine of the turbo
-cleaned ICV (strong buzz when key is in the ON position)
-inspected for boost leaks (car idles at about 22 mmHg of vacuum pressure)
-inspected FPR
-fuel pressure will be inspected, because I'm not sure how recent my fuel filter was replaced

Are there any other fuel maps I can modify to further diagnose the issue(I.e CT idle fuel maps, acceleration enrichment) and/or anything I should check mechanically? Any advice/suggestions/input would help me a lot! I'm very enthusiastic about finishing my build, and this is the final thing that needs to be resolved to get my car to the dyno! My apologies for the dense post! I appreciate all the help!

Cheers to a new year!

on: December 18, 2015, 12:53:12 PM 
Started by doug.wardell@gmail.com - Last post by doug.wardell@gmail.com
I have an M50 in my E30 race car, but since I no longer have the stock dash I am not feeding the vehicle speed (from the diff sensor) thru the dash and then into the DME.

As I understand it the dash does something to the signal, so I can't run the signal right into the engine harness from the diff.

I've been told that most tuners can remove the requirement for this input. Is the WAR chip software capable of eliminating the need for this input to the DME?

Thanks.

on: December 11, 2015, 09:18:03 AM 
Started by steveandrews85 - Last post by steveandrews85
The problem I'm Having is similar to others. I have downloaded the wizard, and .mpc files. However when I try to upload them the will not respond/ load saying "incompatible data file". The procedure I have used is finding the "wc" folder through the "C drive", locating the tune I want, and loading it. Still nothing is working. Could someone please help. Thank you.

on: October 05, 2015, 04:44:46 PM 
Started by Mykk - Last post by Mykk
un-installed anything an everything Miller WAR related from my desktop and then re-installed from scratch. No luck.

After some experimentation, I may have come up with an interesting solution to both my lack of idle fuel tuneability and the deceleration fuel cut-off.

By using a MAF-Translator PRO (that will ultimately replace the MAF sensor on my car, Once I have it tuned) I was able to give the TPS signal a bit of a voltage bump at idle that then allowed my car to idle off the main/Part Throttle fueling and timing tables. Idling off the part throttle fuel map has given me full control again and bypasses the deceleration fuel shut-off. it'll work, for now.

on: October 05, 2015, 02:33:24 PM 
Started by Mykk - Last post by Mykk
Hey Guys,

Interesting issue here, I just installed a set of BoschIII EV1 24lb injectors in my M60. I brought in my Miller WAR chip loaded 404 DME into the house and plugged in to my Windows XP desktop, like I've done since installing the chip. I set up a series of 4 tunes with progressively leaner idle fuel tables to find my starting point for the new injectors. (all four tunes loaded with O2 sensors turned off).

I fire up my first tune, idles at 10:1 AFR (Innovate MTX-L wideband gauge and sensor installed). I click to the next tune which I made 20% leaner then the original...still 10:1 AFR. Third tune, 25% leaner...10:1 AFR. Fourth tune, 30% leaner...10:1 AFR. So as an experiment I write a tune that has 150% richer then OE and then a tune 75% leaner then OE, and finally I just zero out the idle fuel tables all together and loaded the tune....no matter what the tune says the idle stays at 9.8-10:1 AFR. Before, with the Bosch Gen II 19lb/hr injectors idle AFR's were high 13's/ low 14's but I didn't previously spend any time dialing in idle fuel.

As a side note, the AFR's and fuel delivery is responding to the main P/T fuel tables as I can lean or richen them out via tunes.

I'm going to try a program uninstall. Make sure java is fully updated and then do a full re-install to see if that helps. I'd really like to get idle AFR's dialed in, car is practically undriveable as is.

Also, is there any way that I can turn off deceleration fuel cut-off? It's causing some light load, light accelerator pedal cruising issues. Thank you.

on: September 10, 2015, 07:28:00 AM 
Started by datbimm - Last post by datbimm
Or will the larger cc injectors be enough to get me started tuning? I could scale the fuel back around idle as not to flood it . Any body have an idea?

on: September 09, 2015, 12:50:29 PM 
Started by shred - Last post by shred
Hi, I have a WAR chip in my E28 M5, I made a mistake when I was restoring my car and the MAF was burned. So I want to know to know where can I get a spare MAF or which model is it to buy one.

Thanks

on: September 08, 2015, 08:36:26 PM 
Started by datbimm - Last post by datbimm
i have pieced together my own kit, how can i get a base map from miller just so initial start up will go more smoothly.

h1c
80lb injectors
vmp 5000 maf

413 red label DME

on: August 13, 2015, 03:31:04 PM 
Started by jpichu - Last post by jpichu
Yes it needs more tuning,  that was just the base tune, I hope I can find someone locally for that soon

car is sounding really good man, nicely done.
i'm concerned about the AFR reading i see on the AFR gauge, you're running very lean on fuel so be careful.

on: August 11, 2015, 12:38:18 PM 
Started by jpichu - Last post by Alameer
car is sounding really good man, nicely done.
i'm concerned about the AFR reading i see on the AFR gauge, you're running very lean on fuel so be careful.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10