Support > WAR Software Support

Windows 7 and the WAR Chip

(1/4) > >>

millerperformance:
As many of you know, WAR for Windows requires Windows XP to function properly. This isn't the software's fault and you actually can install the program on Windows 7. The problem lies with the WAR Chip itself and communication to Windows.

If you Have Windows 7 Pro or Higher, you can install Microsoft's Virtual PC for free and run Windows XP that they provide. If you do not have Windows 7 Pro or better, you can use a program called VMware and install a virtual copy of Windows XP that way.

Here is the link to the Windows7 Virtual PC platform: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3702

Again, we are working on resolving the compatibility of the chip and Win7. Once this is ready, existing chips will need a firmware update which we will provide instructions on how to complete it.

lagwagon:
I have had good luck with Oracle's VirtualBox over VMWare, if anyone needs help setting this up, feel free to PM me

jpichu:
Does Anyone have a Screen Shot of the files already Write on the Chip?, I just want to make sure that's how they looks on my Chip Since and using Win7 as well.

millerperformance:

--- Quote from: jpichu on August 10, 2013, 11:42:50 PM ---Does Anyone have a Screen Shot of the files already Write on the Chip?, I just want to make sure that's how they looks on my Chip Since and using Win7 as well.

--- End quote ---

Here is a picture of what is should look like. Obviously the tune names will depend on what files you are running or what names you saved them as before writing.

You should always have 4 tunes even if they are 4 of the same and the fifth file that says "mpcchip" If you have 5 files total everything is working as it should.

jpichu:

--- Quote from: millerperformance on August 12, 2013, 10:18:15 AM ---
--- Quote from: jpichu on August 10, 2013, 11:42:50 PM ---Does Anyone have a Screen Shot of the files already Write on the Chip?, I just want to make sure that's how they looks on my Chip Since and using Win7 as well.

--- End quote ---

Here is a picture of what is should look like. Obviously the tune names will depend on what files you are running or what names you saved them as before writing.

You should always have 4 tunes even if they are 4 of the same and the fifth file that says "mpcchip" If you have 5 files total everything is working as it should.

--- End quote ---

Thank you great info

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version