War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: O2 sonsor target AFR  (Read 7524 times)

StoutPerformance

O2 sonsor target AFR
« on: January 05, 2014, 07:22:35 AM »

I know that there is a button to turn on and off O2 sensor.  I also see that turning it on seems to initiate some sort of targeting which is why I assume it needs to be off during tuning.  However I cant seem to find any technical data pertaining to what it does or how to use it.  I'm tuning on turbo 179 ecu.  I don't have a stock O2 sensor in the car.  Could you fill me in on this feature so I can decide whether or not to install one.  Thanks in advance for your help. 

bry195

• View Profile
Re: O2 sonsor target AFR
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 07:39:05 PM »

Im still doing allot of tuning in different maps but the car runs much better without the O2 on. you just turn it off and if your maps are decent you wont get big swings

traffik

Re: O2 sonsor target AFR
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 01:27:57 PM »

Im still doing allot of tuning in different maps but the car runs much better without the O2 on. you just turn it off and if your maps are decent you wont get big swings

I totally agree, Even if you do have a stock o2 sensor once you turn it on it will have your air/fuel running all over the place. Its best to keep it off. The one thing i have notice is when i turn the stock o2 sensor on and drive on the highway it tends to work good and keep the air/fuel around 14.6 while cruising.