War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 1+ hours to Write to the WAR Chip  (Read 9065 times)

Gesture

1+ hours to Write to the WAR Chip
« on: March 10, 2014, 01:20:22 PM »

It is taking me over 1 hour to write to my WAR Chip.  When I first got the chip, several years ago, it would take about 1-2 min, as the manual says it should.  When I try and write to the chip the software shows no progress, but my CPU goes from idle to 100%, after 1 hour I will see 5% on the progress bar.  I left the car over night and when I returned it had finished, I verified by reading the files I had just put on the chip.  Reading the files only takes a few seconds.

Windows XP Service Pack 3
Java 7 Update 17 (Downloaded from link on War Chip forums)
Miller W.A.R. Chip Software 2.2.3 (Downloaded from link on War Chip forums)

Alameer

• Administrator
  • Car: 1986 M50B30
    • View Profile
Re: 1+ hours to Write to the WAR Chip
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 05:04:26 PM »

hey buddy,

Miller guys will definitely help you with this, but i suggest that when writing to the chip and the CPU usage goes to 100% to check which program is draining all the CPU resources, could be the WAR software or some other software. to check which software is doing that you can go to the Task Manager and find it there.

hope this helps :)

Gesture

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 06:25:35 PM »

I should have mentioned that the first thing I did was check the CPU usage with the task manager and it is the War Chip software.  The War Chip software was the only thing I had open at the times I was trying to write to my chip.

Alameer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 06:51:31 PM »

well, at the TASK MANAGER there are 2 pages to look at, one is called APPLICATIONS, and the other one called PROCESSES.

APPLICATIONS shows only open programs that the user deals with directly.
PROCESSES shows every program and application working with windows, from this tab you can actually see every process running with the operating system, and can know every program that's working at this moment and know exactly how much CPU usage it's taking. try checking there to see if the war software is the one draining all of the CPU power, try to take a screenshot of that tab if possible.

hope this helps buddy

Gesture

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 06:44:47 AM »

Checking the processes tab is how I knew the cpu went from idel to 100%.

Alameer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 08:45:45 AM »

so under processes, was the WAR software the one getting to 100% busy and staying like that for a long time?
please try to take a screenshot of the processes page sorted by the % taken of the CPU, we could help each other out more like that if you want.

Gesture

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 11:20:18 AM »

Yes, the WAR software was the process using all my CPU.  After several complete uninstalls and re-installs of both the recommended versions of the WAR software and Java 7.17, I finally got it to write to the chip in 2 min or less.  Not sure the issue/conflict with my fresh install of Windows XP, but it worked. 

I appreciate you trying to help but my chip in now dead, for other unrelated reasons.  It might have been an early WAR chip, it was a green "WAR chip 1.10".  The processor has stopped communicating with the storage, and without a schematic of the board I cannot figure out what has failed.  So now I am left with trying to get my car to run for this weekends AutoX.

Alameer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 05:29:29 PM »

i would suggest contacting the guys at miller directly in order to get the best service in the shortest time possible

good luck with that and i hope you get the chance to participate in the Autox