War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Turbo tuning  (Read 10417 times)

rippinbim

• Car: 94 325is
    • View Profile
Turbo tuning
« on: January 29, 2014, 05:56:15 PM »

Okay. So I have a 94 325is that i will have the 60lb injectors, blow thru, war chip setup all from miller. i have an hx35 top mount setup. Can the war chip base tune be safe enough to pull to redline with no adjustments? I was wondering if i can run the base tune to see what my afr's and timing scales are and also run a log to watch everything so i can get a solid start on tuning to start with! trying to figure out because i read on another forum that i cant exceed 4k rpms trying to clarify if that is correct? i just wanna be safe on everything.

bry195

• View Profile
Re: Turbo tuning
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 07:46:50 PM »

its impossible to answer with a yes or no. too many variables. run to the suggested limit and  then review your afr with boost and rpm. then modify. continue to do the same until you have 12.5 for everything under 5psi and 11.5 for everything above. go in 1000 rpm increments. but dont move forward until the last rpm range has the correct afr

rippinbim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 06:04:32 PM »

im planning on being about 11.2 or so in full boost. i guess we will see how everything goes after i start playing around a bit. thanks a lot for the advice. much appreciated :)

millerperformance

• Administrator
  • Car: The WAR Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 12:26:03 PM »

Just to clear up, it isn't a matter of not going over x rpm, but simply drive the car in part throttle. If all is well do a few third gear pulls to see what AFR is doing. When you do these 3rd gear pulls initially, simply do each pull to a higher rpm each time while watching Air fuel. This is how it is done on the dyno when we develop or custom tune a car.

If it checks out to 3K rpm, next pull got to 4K, if that is good, go to 5K etc. That way if you hit a super rich spot or a leaner spot, you don't go through it and you can massage the changes in the software.

Pistons & Rods | MAF Conversions | Cams | Tuning Packages | Contact | Facebook

rippinbim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 01:29:19 PM »

Okay, I will give that a shot :) thanks! Also, if I watch afrs really well  I shouldn't need a logger? Your guys' setup doesn't log as far as I've read. Log while driving I mean

Alameer

• Administrator
  • Car: 1986 M50B30
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 03:45:20 PM »

unfortunately the WAR chip doesn't provide logging, hopefully that can be changed in the near future (I really wish for that to happen)

rippinbim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 06:41:27 AM »

Hopefully near future means 2 months when I get mine.haha ;). If it was made with logging, would there be a way to download the logging if you didn't have it??

rippinbim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 06:43:08 AM »

And everything your car is doing shows up in the tables its just no live logging if I'm understanding correctly? I'm still 100% set on it. I've read its the best I can buy from numerous sources