War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: miller 2.2.3 software, every time i reload, all the maps move one step over  (Read 8174 times)

falkor

I noticed that when i write to the WAR chip, and have to re-read the ECU, all of the maps move over 1 step.
 so, what started out as tune 1 (being stock) was written, and when it was re-read, it mysteriously reports that its tune 2.

where i started out this morning

after I reloaded (or hit the "read all" button under File).

and again,
this is very frustrating to work with.
im constantly having to re-think where each tune really is.
NOW the stock m20 tune is at #3... (which is (i think) #4 on the dial)...    :'(   
wtf is happening here.

why is this happening ?

and how can this be resolved ?

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:44:52 PM by falkor »

e30productions

• Car: 1987 bmw 325is e30 (BEAM)
  • E30 PRODUCTIONS
    • View Profile

ok i have the same problem what you need to do. you plug in your chip into the computer then select read all. then after you have read all, change on the tune what you wanna change then go to file then save, then write it to the chip. after that you need to go to file and then read all again and see where there locations are. then what i do is double click on the tune name and type in the tune name again on all four tunes then after you do that you go to file then write. then after it is done writing you go to file read all again and they should be in the locations you want them in

e30productions

• Car: 1987 bmw 325is e30 (BEAM)
  • E30 PRODUCTIONS
    • View Profile

sorry if thats kindof complicated but thats how i do it. but i run into the same thing i just deal with it

falkor

sorry if thats kindof complicated but thats how i do it. but i run into the same thing i just deal with it

lol
 yup, ive been dealing with it, like everyone i suppose.
however, (being fairly competent with technology) i do know its code, or the way it mounts up sets up its partitions, or..?
. I don't know much about MIcrosoft (especially XP) or java (aside that java has huge security risks, and a lot of stigma associated with it), i still believe this W.A.R. chip is awesome, and just needs a developer to work on the software.

that said, i have requested its source code to give to friends of mine who would be able to rewrite it to (at least) work natively on GNU/linux (debian (r.h.) based), which would solve all my problems.  I never did hear back.

so, aside from all that, and my frustrations with antiquated software running the coolest chip you can run on a bmw (which imo detracts its value greatly, and had i known the limitation of XP i never would've bought it), but the chip works, and if i can just setup at least 2 successful and stable tunes, i will be content.

and i suppose these issues are normal for M.S.windows users. seriously, the last time i ran M.S. on purpose was in 1999... .

well, thank you for replying and with your work-around.
 thank you MIller for the chip, and all the work that went into it.

i just now have to dyno my car, and hopefully get this tuned up right... its been hit/miss with all the guesswork (yes, i read all the manuals, and stuff, just don't see any clear definitions of ignition values equaling degrees...etc.)

unless someone else comes along and finds a way, or the source code gets released, i suppose this will die out as XP does in a few more weeks.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 05:12:32 PM by falkor »

millerperformance

• Administrator
  • Car: The WAR Machine
    • View Profile

Just to let you guys know, a proper Windows 7/8 version is almost ready. We have had the memory chip become obsolete and NLA so we have pushed back the release until we determine what if any changes will be needed to make in terms of firmware/software compatibility.

Pistons & Rods | MAF Conversions | Cams | Tuning Packages | Contact | Facebook