War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fuel values  (Read 6100 times)

philm3

• Car: 1988 e30 m3
    • View Profile
fuel values
« on: March 29, 2014, 10:23:40 PM »

Hi all, just seeking advice on changing fuel values, i know that brody is a busy man so i thought id ask here first,  we had the car on the dyno last week for the first time and the car runs very rich..changing the fuel values in increments of 10 didnt make any difference to the AFR..i have read that incremental changes of 10 are supposed to equal 1 AFR ....is this correct..
also we run 98 octain fuel over here..i believe the tune we are using is set up off 93..how much of a difference would that make in relation to changing values..
Going back to the dyno this wednesday so any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance 

millerperformance

• Administrator
  • Car: The WAR Machine
    • View Profile
Re: fuel values
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 09:23:25 AM »

Hi Phil,

Octane doesn't change the relation. All octane is (in simple terms) is the ability to resist pre ignition from heat.

We received your email and wonder if your car is using a different part throttle map. There are a few things to ensure.

1) Make sure your MAF is installed and functioning properly. We have a trouble shooting guide in our manual section.

2) For the sake of using the proper tune, make a change to your WOT fuel table, save it, and load that tune in all 4 positions so that you guarantee you are using the tune you think you are using.

3) Make sure the values you type or adjust are sticking. Simply hit enter after typing a value. Save the tune, open it again and make sure the values you entered are still there.

Pistons & Rods | MAF Conversions | Cams | Tuning Packages | Contact | Facebook