War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is There A Way to Convert binaries to mpc Files  (Read 6875 times)

hayta

Is There A Way to Convert binaries to mpc Files
« on: March 25, 2014, 03:06:05 AM »

Hi there,

I have a Dinan chip for 179 ECU which was very successful. It has a great ignition map that really wakens the M30B35 up. I want to copy it's ignition map to my turbo fw (ofcourse with some modifications that will prevent detonation).

So the question is; is there a way to convert this bin file to war chip mpc file?

Thanks for helping in advance.

Alameer

• Administrator
  • Car: 1986 M50B30
    • View Profile
Re: Is There A Way to Convert binaries to mpc Files
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 09:15:14 AM »

from my very humble experience... NA tunes are not healthy for Turbo engines, as the NA tunes advance the timing to get the power, while turbo tunes retard the timing to get the power and safety to the engine.

i could be wrong and would appreciate it if someone can confirm or deny what i just mentioned above.

hayta

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 11:29:07 AM »

Actually that's not what I'm questioning. Of course I'll retard the boosted side of the map.

Anyway, I found the answer by myself. Just open the .bin file with war chip software. This much simple.

millerperformance

• Administrator
  • Car: The WAR Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 09:25:04 AM »

Yes, you can open a bin file into our software. However, you can't make an MPC back to a bin. Also, make sure you have the same software version as the one we use for the WAR Chip. You will know if you have a different version because the maps will have numbers that don't make sense. If you are using the same version, the maps will be displayed as usual.

Pistons & Rods | MAF Conversions | Cams | Tuning Packages | Contact | Facebook