War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: obd1 413 s52 with stock MAF and 21.5 injectors tune?  (Read 6422 times)

carticular

• Car: 1988 M3 S52 obd1
    • View Profile
obd1 413 s52 with stock MAF and 21.5 injectors tune?
« on: June 25, 2014, 11:33:38 PM »

Hello! Super excited to finally be able to tune my car, she pings under load since I got her over a year ago, but I have a question. My current setup is an s52 bottom end, s50 head, 21.5 pink top injectors, silver label 413 dme, and a stock MAF. Will I be able to run one of the preloaded tunes or should I upgrade to the 3.5 maf? Does anyone have a tune that will work with my current setup? I've got a nice air box setup and I don't think a 3.5 MAF will work with it is why I didn't want to convert. Thanks in advance and I can't wait to hear my baby sing at full throttle! ;D

carticular

• Car: 1988 M3 S52 obd1
    • View Profile
Re: obd1 413 s52 with stock MAF and 21.5 injectors tune?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 01:48:34 PM »

I think I figured out a work around for those of you who are interested. Because the only thing that's different on my car is the maf, I copied all of the fuel and timing tables from the s52 21-5 hfm tune over to the s50 performance tune. All seems to be working right now but I'm sure it's not 100% optimized for my setup. As a bonus though, my CEL went out and she no longer pings! Power delivery is much improved but isn't exactly smooth right now. I'm going to go have a presmog test ran to see what exactly my combustion is doing and I'll report back!