War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Please help me to understand M60B40 tables  (Read 6542 times)

Mykk

• Car: '95 540I/6
    • View Profile
Please help me to understand M60B40 tables
« on: February 05, 2015, 08:15:14 PM »

Hey folks, just received and installed my war chip. I'm playing with the downloaded 92oct tune.

Could someone please help me understand what determines the "Load (ms)" axis.

Is it as simple as; at idle and light throttle cruise load is low (1,2,3 tables) and when throttle is applied and as TPS and MAF speed goes up the load shifts to the 4,5,6 tables?

How does temperature sensors effect this, warmer temps the computer shifts to higher loads?

Finally, I have my chip installed. The heatsink clip and DME housing is modded for clearance. I have the MillerWarCHip.exe loaded a computer running Windows XP and everything seems to be working smoothly. After I load my tunes, I close the program. Restart the program and "read" my tunes. I'll get random cells on various tabs that have zero'd themselves out.  Every tune seems to have a couple cells somewhere in it that has zero'd out, and every single tune the RPM limit zero's itself out.

Any help, and input is greatly appreciated. Thanks
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 08:18:42 PM by Mykk »

millerperformance

• Administrator
  • Car: The WAR Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Please help me to understand M60B40 tables
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 08:34:35 PM »

The ECU calculates load in a way you can't measure directly. Or should I say, it is not ONE single measurable thing but an equation of RPM, Mass Flow and the Constant. If you have the means to monitor injection Milliseconds (M/S) you will be relatively accurate as to which column you are in. There is a post on this forum explaining where you are per throttle position and type of driving. I can't remember what section it is in but it is stickied at the top. Idle has it's own maps and you will be in the first column sometimes a mix of the first and second column at all times unless the engine loads up on idle - think of turning on the A/C as loading idle up.

The zeroing out issue is strange. In the morning I will see if I can replicate it and reply on here my findings or suggestions.

Pistons & Rods | MAF Conversions | Cams | Tuning Packages | Contact | Facebook

Mykk

• Car: '95 540I/6
    • View Profile
Re: Please help me to understand M60B40 tables
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 03:13:04 PM »

Do you have a stock 540 tune? I see the stock 530 tune and the high octane 540.