War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: E85 tuning  (Read 18654 times)

Profile36

• View Profile
Re: E85 tuning
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 05:01:52 PM »

Although youre most likely using a 179 DME and a Black War chip (Rev 5B), it sounds like you ran into a similar issue as me. Check if you can get it replaced with a different version, the Red (Rev 5A) works great for me on the 413 DME.  I have written to it hundreds of times by now without any issues. Make sure to get one with an ET stamp which verifies it was electronically tested.

This image might help:

Also here is a link to my other thread regarding this issue.
http://forums.millerperformancecars.com/index.php?topic=71.0

It might seem like a bit of work at first to get everything going, but considering the age of our cars, it's difficult to find one alike. They all have individual things that need to be addressed in order to be able to tune yourself. Regardless, it is well worth it, paying somebody to send you different tunes will take much longer and in the end you will most likely still find things that need adjustment.

- Marcin
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 05:05:09 PM by Profile36 »

traffik

Re: E85 tuning
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2013, 07:20:30 PM »

Yes, I am using a 179ecu. And the chip I have is the red chip, I too have written to this chip hundreds of times. I am not new to tuning, I tune cars for a living. This was the first time putting the car on the dyno to tune for the bigger injectors.
Pages: 1 [2]