War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MAF support for WAR Chip  (Read 8373 times)

Jakermac

• Car: 93 325is
    • View Profile
MAF support for WAR Chip
« on: August 06, 2013, 02:34:35 PM »

I recall a thread on another forum where it was mentioned that WAR Chip does not support 3.5" OBD1 MAF, but what I don't remember is if it was all 3.5" MAFs or only the 803 or Porsche version. I am building a motor which will use a 540i 3.5" MAF (800) and the 413 red label DME. I guess I'm wondering if I'll be able to tune my WAR Chip with this MAF.

millerperformance

• Administrator
  • Car: The WAR Machine
    • View Profile
Re: MAF support for WAR Chip
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 02:41:22 PM »

Hi Jaker,

We do not have tunes specifically for the 803 Porsche MAF. We have plenty of support for the 3.5" 540 and Euro M3 MAF. At this time, we do not plan to make any software for the PORSCHE MAF since for high HP applications we have our Blow Thru MAF that we want to sell. Also, getting a USED 803 MAF has the possibility of being bad. Rather than argue with customers who refuse to consider that a possibility, we would just rather stick to a sensor that we know and can quality assure more intimately for high power applications.

Pistons & Rods | MAF Conversions | Cams | Tuning Packages | Contact | Facebook

Jakermac

• Car: 93 325is
    • View Profile
Re: MAF support for WAR Chip
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 05:35:04 PM »

Thanks. That answers my question. Motor should be in the car by late fall, and I'll be in touch. Got a local dyno you like for tuning?

How is the WAR Machine by the way?