War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: map interactions: cause and effect  (Read 10112 times)

bry195

• View Profile
map interactions: cause and effect
« on: November 01, 2013, 09:45:08 AM »

couple questions:
if i tune with the o2 off do I want to turn it on after I get everything where I want it? what happens to the ratios I wanted when it was off and then i turn it on?

when I setup cranking fuel what rpm is the motor turning at? also if I put my foot on the throttle for cranking do i also get fuel enrichment map for throttle adding fuel to the cranking fuel?

Profile36

• View Profile
Re: map interactions: cause and effect
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 09:11:10 PM »

Yes you want to turn your o2 sensor back on. Doing so will enable the DME to run in a closed loop, meaning the DME will be referring to the o2 sensor for feedback in order to get you as close as possible to the value you tuned for while in open loop (o2 off).

There are a few different maps when it comes to starting fuel. The one you have access to in the WAR software is very simple and effective. It is fixed fuel per RPM, if you're having problems starting your car at any given temperature, you would want to add a few points across the whole map.

There are additional fuel enrichment maps that are coolant temp dependent, these have no reference to your gas pedal. If your car is having problems starting when cold, yet starts fine while hot and the problem is not hardware, then the enrichment maps would have to be looked over. Unfortunately the WAR software does not enable you to make these changes.

- Marcin

bry195

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 06:04:21 PM »

no its not temperature dependant. I have gone from 50 to 130 on the cranking fuel and nothings seems to work. My plugs are gapped at .21 would that matter?

couple more quick questions
I assume that if you are not in power mode or torque mode and using the stock setting that you tune fuel and ignition in the p/t ignition and fuel?(413 turbo)

when I upload my tunes they get numbers added to them but they dont correspond with the tab. is the last number i.e (4)(3) does that mean its tune 3 for the tcm?

I cannot read the dme with easy dis and Inpa anymore. any ideas?

if im letting off the throttle and letting the engine brake the car am i still in p/t just at the low load or at idle?

Profile36

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 07:30:30 PM »

It's most likely not your plugs. Anything between .018-.025 is safe under boost from misfires and good for every day use. If the car idles rough you would want to make the gap wider, closer to the .025 mark.

Yes P/T fuel and P/T ignition is what you want to adjust, the key here is to keep everything as smooth as possible rather than making it choppy, simply try changing the values by small amounts.

The problem you are having with the tabs is a known WAR software issue that is being address in the new version, the new version is going to be released soon. Until then click on the tab you want to save to, open the map and write it to the chip when ready. The tabs always stay the same as does the TCM.

Neither the DME or the diagnostic tools are aware of the WAR chip replacing the original EPROM, therefore I will have a hard time trying to narrow this problem down for you. It might have something to do with using a DME from a different car? Again its hard to say. If you are simply trying to retrieve the check engine light codes, the stomp test should work fine.

The last question you asked is a very good one, it is something I am working on myself as I am trying to get tracing to work. This feature allows to see exactly which values the DME is accessing at a specific time.

Here is a quick example of what it looks like.

Ostrich 2.0/TunerProRT Address hit tracing on BMW Motronic 1.3
[/url]

I think the DME looks at the RPM and TPS and if its above aprox 2000RPM it is in the P/T map, anything below aprox 2000RPM and it goes to the idle fuel map.

- Marcin
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 07:23:42 AM by Profile36 »

bry195

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 06:02:46 PM »

tracing would make all of this a breeze. is it coming in the next version? or something you are doing on the side?

bry195@msn.com

Profile36

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 12:13:02 PM »

Working on the side, the next version will not have this feature, the WAR chip is not designed for this type of work. I am using an ostrich emulator you were thinking of buying in your other thread on bfc.