General > Naturally Aspirated Tuning

which tune to use, M50 or M52?

(1/2) > >>

Alameer:
Hello guys,

I am in the process of rebuilding my M50 engine and will finish rebuilding in a couple of days.
I bought a war chip of a friend and waiting for it to arrive.

my question is, i'm rebuilding my M50 engine with the m52 2.8L rotating assembly instead of the m50 2.5L assembly.
everything else is basically m50. so in such a case do i use the m50 tunes or m52 tunes?
i realize that if i go for the m52 tunes i will need to get pink injectors and 3.5 MAF
can you please advise what is the best for my case?

ding:
I'm sort of in the same boat here, I am putting an m52 in my obd-1 car, I was told the m50 performance tune is a great place to start by brody.  And honestly I have heard of many people running m52s with stock or performance tunes and it running fine, just not making max power.  I will say in my case I just went ahead and got 21/lb injectors and 3.5 maf, as there was a base tune made for it already.

Alameer:
dd you try both tunes? i mean:
1. m50 tune, with stock m50 injectors and 3" maf?
then went to use:
2. M52 tune, with 21# injectors and 3.5" maf?

if you tried both of them, did you notice any difference in performance?

ding:

--- Quote from: alameer on November 30, 2013, 10:50:54 AM ---dd you try both tunes? i mean:
1. m50 tune, with stock m50 injectors and 3" maf?
then went to use:
2. M52 tune, with 21# injectors and 3.5" maf?

if you tried both of them, did you notice any difference in performance?

--- End quote ---

I have tried both tunes, but I haven't been able to get my 3.5 maf and tune to work correctly, I think the maf might be busted.  So until then I don't know, my m50 tune runs pretty strong though.

Alameer:
i've received my chip a couple of days ago and been playing with it ever since, loving how easy and friendly it is, and looooooving the launch control feature :D

i'm just wondering if i will get more power if i switch from the 3" MAF to the 3.5 MAF with the pink injectors. maybe Brody can help us with this matter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version