War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: what is left of my issues  (Read 7491 times)

bry195

• View Profile
what is left of my issues
« on: November 27, 2013, 06:29:15 PM »

1-I still havent been told where to tune afr when coming off wot and havent figured it out myself

2-I put a goose egg in the middle of the wot tq map (call this tune 1 and it is setup to not advance the cam at all). tune 2 has no goose egg but its HP mode. I ran the first tune and then switched to the second. the goose egg showed up in the throttle even though I was in HP mode (vanos locked forward).

3-I have a brand new tps (replaced for 1216 tps code). still get the 1216. I see the voltage and resistance with no gaps and very linear through the whole stroke.

I probably have done something stupid and you guys can point me in the right direction. I prefer not to call but I will when I start getting frustrated. please direct me on all 3 issues. I have asked about coming off wot a couple times with other questions and it seems to get missed everytime.

millerperformance

• Administrator
  • Car: The WAR Machine
    • View Profile
Re: what is left of my issues
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 11:33:56 AM »

Sorry, for the delays.

Do you mean off WOT to P/T? There are a few areas and depending on how you are coming off, it could be at said RPM in the very low load part throttle fuel. You could even adjust the fuel in the extreme high load areas of P/T.

Your TPS code. Is there anything happening driveability wise when the code is present? Does having the ICV unplugged prevent the code from appearing?

The 2nd issue you have is strange. I will have to ask Dan what that could be caused by.

Pistons & Rods | MAF Conversions | Cams | Tuning Packages | Contact | Facebook

bry195

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 07:06:30 PM »

Sorry, for the delays.

Do you mean off WOT to P/T? There are a few areas and depending on how you are coming off, it could be at said RPM in the very low load part throttle fuel. You could even adjust the fuel in the extreme high load areas of P/T.

Your TPS code. Is there anything happening driveability wise when the code is present? Does having the ICV unplugged prevent the code from appearing?

The 2nd issue you have is strange. I will have to ask Dan what that could be caused by.

right now its when I come off wot but once I am done with that I will tune p/t so both would be good answers.

I get the 1216 randomly but i get it for sure when I go into cruise on the highway everytime. I notice nothing wh cruising. I will unplug the icv and see if it persists. I set all idle speeds at 750 and after the car warms up it goes to 1100 or so but will randomly settle down. I did a smoke test and have no leaks.  I replaced the tps.

Im considering data collecting the MAF so I can get some idea of where I am at as far as load when coming of p/t or wot.

also, I triggered the icv in dis and thought I was supposed to hear it. I didnt. I have cleaned it though and it does rotate freely by hand. I could send you a data log of the afr but its too big for the forum (pic).

bry195

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 05:37:29 PM »

coming off wot to p/t or to idle. coming off pt to idle. does it go to the idle map when you come off but leave it in gear.

ok I drove it with the icv unplugged. no 1216 anymore. with the ac on it idles down and stays steady at like 800 rpms. if I turn the ac off it goes to about 1250 for 1 second and then down to 850 for 1 second. it repeats this over and over. all idle maps are set for 850.