General > Turbo Tuning

Idle Issues

<< < (3/4) > >>

bulletholez:
ECU is and has been grounded as you described, I'll get a MAF reading tonight when I get home, maybe the other guys with this issue can post up their results also.

powow66:
I will also try grounding the ecu once I get back from school in May. As for another update, before I left for break my "new" pump decided to quit on the car...time to order a Walboro 255!

bulletholez:
ECU grounded, MAF reads .76-.79v at idle. just replaced vanos seals, rest of the motor relatively solid. no vacuum or boost leaks. Still confused. Hoping this is on my end. Going to try tuning it out some more. I still don't understand why the idle tuning tables don't affect idle at all.

bulletholez:
Got some work done today, vanos seals replaced, started tuning some... got it driving OKAY... the turbo base tune Miller supplied basically doesn't nothing at this point, but it used to run great. knowing my MAF is in spec was a good start, but i ran across this today. may be the solution for a couple of us? a weird solution tho, I've never ever ever touched my idle screw.

http://cars.forumsee.com/a/m/s/p12-15951-01827408--miller-war-chip-413-and-506-p1216-1216-tps-sensor-error.html

bulletholez:
I'll just keep posting here until someone figures it out. I just got a great deal on another ECU, also, my car is a silver label, anyone running a red label? any difference, I know it SHOULDNT matter seeing as the EWS is the only difference.

On another note, while messing around yesterday, I got the car to pop a 1216 and a 1282 code, TPS Potentiometer and Fault Memory Error, which is what prompted me to pick up another ECU. TPS is brand new (third one, because I kept thinking the car wasn't using the idle circuit if the TPS wasn't reading right because I wasn't able to change idle fuel in the tune). Hell if I know. I guess I'll try the cam sensor next. I thought I got a 1244 code (cam sensor) but I went thru all the codes again and I only got the 1282 and 1216... hell I have no clue. I should just replace every sensor on the car and see what happens at this point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version