War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: war chip launch control  (Read 20723 times)

rippinbim

• Car: 94 325is
    • View Profile
war chip launch control
« on: January 05, 2014, 06:18:53 PM »

Okay. So I have a 94 325is. I'm boosting over this winter. Arp's, .140 head gasket, hx35, full catless 3" exhaust. Looking to buy the miller m50 tuning set. And planning on running the base tune with 12psi. But my question is. Do they offer any sort of launch control for the w.a.r. Chip and if so how is it set up?? Thanks. -damon

Alameer

• Administrator
  • Car: 1986 M50B30
    • View Profile
Re: war chip launch control
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 03:22:17 PM »

Launch control is offered for the 413 & 506 ECUs only because they have a vehicle speed sensor (VSS) which is needed to enable the launch control feature.

Enabling and controlling this feature is very easy:
1. enable the feature with a click
2. setting the desired RPM to hold when launching.

here's a video to give you an idea on how it looks like:
Miller WAR Chip Launch Control

let me know if I can help more :)

rippinbim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 02:27:10 PM »

So when you say its enabled by. A click what do you mean by that? And I just hold the pedal to where I want it? Also do you know if they have any form of antilag?

Alameer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 03:45:21 AM »

enabled with a click means that you simply go to the launch control page, and choose if it's activated or deactivated with a simple click.

once activated you can set the RPM to the value that you want.
you will need to give it a few runs to find out what RPM that you want to hold that will give you the best launch. mine is set at 3500 for example.

rippinbim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 04:00:45 AM »

See I have a bigger turbo so I was thinking roughly 5500.

rippinbim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 04:23:55 AM »

Also, does it reset every time you turn the car off? Or is it on until you go back in and turn it off?. When hooking up a laptop does it just run through the diagnostic port?

Alameer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 08:24:26 AM »

it's not a matter of having a smaller or bigger turbo, it's about giving the best launch at the best traction possible in order to give the best acceleration. just like i said earlier, you'll need to give it a few runs before finding out which RPM to use to get the best launching point for your car.

as for if it resets or not when the car is switched off: no it doesn't.
WAR chip provides the ability of loading 4 tunes to your chip and selecting which one to use through the selector knob provided with the package.
in my case i have loaded 4 tunes into the chip, and i will be talking about 2 to help you better understand this case.
the 2 tunes are: 1. performance tune, 2. performance tune with launch control.

the performance tune is the regular tune provided by Miller.
the other one with the launch control is simply the same as above, but with launch control activated and set at 3500 RPM.

whenever i select the one with launch control. the ECU limits the RPM to a max of 3500 RPM whenever it detects that the vehicle speed is zero (only available in 413 and 506 ECUs). once the car is moving, that limit is ignored and the regular rev limited is effective.

so whenever the car is stopped, the rev limit will be the launch control value, and whenever the car is moving then the other/regular rev limit is enabled.

if i want to stop using the launch control feature, i can either deactivate it using the software provided, or very simply switch to another loaded tune.

i hope i didn't make it sound complicated or anything, and please feel free to ask :)

rippinbim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 09:08:01 AM »

Does it actually build boost ok at 3500 rpm launch control? And they give you a switch to switch between so you don't have to have a laptop in the car at all times? Lol

Alameer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 12:54:08 PM »

well as i said earlier, you will need to test different RPM values to get the best launching.
boost could probably hurt your launching with too much tire spinning, only way to find out which RPM to hold for the launch is by trying different values. personally i tried it from 3000-5000 and found that the best launch i can get is at 3500 RPM.

as for the switch, yes it is provided. it is a selector knob with 4 positions. you can can easily switch values with as simple as turning the knob. i have tried switching from one tune to another while the car is working and it works like a charm. i tried that at idling only.

rippinbim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 01:54:25 PM »

that sounds cool. what car do you have and what do you run for boost levels. ill only be 10 to 12 for a while bigger turbo= more cfm's at lower boost ;D

Alameer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 04:16:12 PM »

i have an E30 with 2.8 stroked M50, slightly increased compression.
i love NA engines so much.

rippinbim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 05:45:36 AM »

any plans on boosting?

Alameer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 08:30:12 AM »

there are plans for supercharging it, that's why i bought the miller WAR chip (would love to turbo but not enough funds to do so  :-[ )

rippinbim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 08:07:07 PM »

Not really expensive at all to be honest. I've found deals on my intercooler and what not. And my turbo. But yea. Get a bottom mount turbo setup with like a 16 g or something. You'll  be good to go. Get the 60lb injectors. Make an exhaust find an intercooler. Superchargers are spendy

Alameer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 12:01:05 AM »

all of what you're saying is correct if i was living in the states, but i don't.
i live in Jordan and things are the other way around over here.
gonna build my supercharger setup, and hopefully in the future be able to afford a turbo setup.
Pages: [1] 2