War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fresh WAR chip not ready and shows zero kb  (Read 6416 times)

Carformance

Fresh WAR chip not ready and shows zero kb
« on: January 16, 2014, 03:08:19 PM »

Hi guys,

I'm an ECU tuner in Australia trying to assist one of your customers. I only do OBDII stuff, but have my head around the program, have the 4 tunes the customer downloaded in the 4 tabs, and can access all the software parameters.

The program stalls at "looking for chip". I am using an XP computer, Java us updated, and there is no antivirus etc problem. Chip registers as a drive, but shows zero kb. Is that normal?

I have removed the lid and checked the install, the plugs etc and all seems fine, there are no bent pins etc.

Any advice on how to have the program actually find the chip would be greatly appreciated. Does the ECU draw a certain voltage from the USB port, and perhaps this laptop USB output is too low?

I assume as the computer registers the chip as a drive that's not the case. You do program the ECUout of the car off the loom yes?

Appreciate your advice, nice product.

cheers,

Greg Roles
Carformance, Australia.

Alameer

• Administrator
  • Car: 1986 M50B30
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh WAR chip not ready and shows zero kb
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 03:54:58 AM »

Hey Greg,

regarding your software not finding the hardware, try check this section for more information and solutions:
http://forums.millerperformancecars.com/index.php?board=4.0

I received my chip and plugged it into the laptop and desktop without issues.

you can program the ECU while it is plugged in the car, but you will need to have the car shut off in order to access the ECU with the laptop for read/write, else the laptop won't recognize that the ECU is connected to it.

Carformance

Re: Fresh WAR chip not ready and shows zero kb
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 01:37:33 AM »

Thanks mate,

I went through this entire forum, the website and even the manual before posting this thread, can anyone from Warchips actually tell me if the chip is supposed to show zero kb as a drive??

I can't format it, can't access it, it is showing no size which seems very odd. It does appear as a drive on my XP laptop though, so halfway there.

Appreciate any advice, customer is keen to resolve as he has had chip since October last year!