War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 10:1 Euro M30b34 on 24lb injectors, looking for a starter fuel map  (Read 6463 times)

Landcruzer94

Good Afternoon All,

I dusted off my e28 535is this afternoon for the first time in 6 months.  During that time I'd been doing some research on fuel injectors and learned that the high compression b34s are happier with bigger injectors than the lower compression version.  I had originally been running the 19lb Bosch type III Ford Mustang injectors (yellow body) and recently stepped up to the larger 24lb versions (blue body).  Initial startup was okay, but now my idle is a lot higher (1000-1200rpm) and I've only really been able to putter around the neighborhood as it warmed up.  I know whenever you modify injectors and such you need to modify the fuel map, so I was wondering what you'd recommend as a starting point to make it drivable and a decent starting point to take it to a dyno.

My current setup:
Euro 10:1 m30b34
Miller MAF/War Chip (current tune is the standard 179 ecu tune with Brody's 10:1 ignition map)
Motronic 1.3 conversion (179 ecu)
Stahl Headers
Catless factory exhaust

I know that the index is easier to modify according to AFRs, but didn't know if there was a rule of thumb/calculation for LB of flow?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

oleg535i

• Car: e28 535i Euro
    • View Profile
Re: 10:1 Euro M30b34 on 24lb injectors, looking for a starter fuel map
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 03:28:34 AM »

I have same setup

and when I have checked 061 and 179 DME, there is some difference in fuel and ignition maps

I just retarded for first time the ignition low load by 5 degree.
Idle is lower, any way it's not a perfect solution, just need to play more with maps.

179 dme came from 9:1 CR engine, so they are pinging a little bit at low rpm and high loads.