War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: turbo m20 draw threw mac setup 42lb injectors with 3'' housing only runs at idle  (Read 7749 times)

dirtygerman

I have rewired the wiring at the ECU, rewired the extension wires going to the MAF sensor going to the passenger side for the draw/pull threw maf setup, I have checked continuity from the original wires at the old connector location to the wires going to the war maf sensor, key on engine off I have 12v when checking from pin4 to pin3 when I check voltage from pin4 to pin2 I get .003v which isnt no where close to the spec called for, I can unplug the maf sensor and check the same pins pin4 to pin2 and get .3v which IIRC is within spec, Id like to assume its a faulty maf sensor? any insight on this? thank you for any guidance given.

millerperformance

• Administrator
  • Car: The WAR Machine
    • View Profile

I have rewired the wiring at the ECU, rewired the extension wires going to the MAF sensor going to the passenger side for the draw/pull threw maf setup, I have checked continuity from the original wires at the old connector location to the wires going to the war maf sensor, key on engine off I have 12v when checking from pin4 to pin3 when I check voltage from pin4 to pin2 I get .003v which isnt no where close to the spec called for, I can unplug the maf sensor and check the same pins pin4 to pin2 and get .3v which IIRC is within spec, Id like to assume its a faulty maf sensor? any insight on this? thank you for any guidance given.

Do you mean 3.5" Housing? Our turbo M20 stuff requires a 3.5" diameter housing. Regardless, .3 volts is way off. You should have 12 v on pin 3 and 4. Between pin 2 and 4 you should see 1v with the ignition on, engine off. With the engine running, you should see around 1.5v maybe a bit less with the 3.5" housing.

If the MAF was ever plugged in wrong (which is possible) there is a high chance of damaging the circuitry inside. If it is a used MAF then who knows what the previous owner could have done in the past. All our MAF's and WAR Chips are electrically bench tested before they are boxed up to ensure dead sensors don't make it out the door. Yes, we get the odd dead sensor right from BOSCH and there is nothing we can do but throw it away since warranty voids as soon as the box is opened.

Did you buy this new or used?

Pistons & Rods | MAF Conversions | Cams | Tuning Packages | Contact | Facebook

dirtygerman

sorry, yes 3.5'' maf and its new parts but I am working behind someone else, I was informed it was a kit he bought from the website, but he did state he "might-which means he DID"  plug the maf in backwards once before, monday morning I will have him order a new maf sensor, Or will he need to order it with the housing?

millerperformance

• Administrator
  • Car: The WAR Machine
    • View Profile

We can send a cartridge only. It will be cheaper than buying an entire MAF too.

Pistons & Rods | MAF Conversions | Cams | Tuning Packages | Contact | Facebook