War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: m50 turbo no start  (Read 9893 times)

usherboy83

m50 turbo no start
« on: January 20, 2014, 04:58:03 PM »

my war chip was missing the turbo base tune when I bought it, but I received it thru email and saved it onto my computer. ive gone in and set the base tune as my default tune, saved it, and written it to the war chip. I am getting no spark or tach signal at all. im throwing the 1281 fault code. any idea what my problem could be? ive check the chip to make sure it was installed correctly. battery had a charger on it when starting the car. everything is done and im ready to hear this car run so any help is appreciated

Alameer

• Administrator
  • Car: 1986 M50B30
    • View Profile
Re: m50 turbo no start
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 03:36:25 AM »

i've checked over the a couple of websites and found an explanation at pelican's website, it says:

1281   DME Memory Unit Supply   This indicates a fault with the internal memory of the DME computer.  This is sometimes caused by low battery voltage.  Delete the codes, and disconnect the DME for 15 minutes.  Then reconnect, let the car idle for five minutes, and then drive over 30 mph for more than five minutes.  Recheck the codes - if it occurs again, the DME is faulty and should be replaced.

the original post can be found at this link:
https://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/techarticles/Mult-Code_Reading/Mult-Code_Reading.htm

hopefully you get your problem solved very soon and enjoy your build

usherboy83

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 09:47:04 PM »

thanks, but I know what the code is. the point is for some reason the tune doesn't seem to be loaded on the war chip and its making the car throw the code and will not start. I plugged in my AA supercharger tune into the same DME and my car started. ive read up on the war chip numerous times and followed instructions but cant seem to get things working

usherboy83

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 10:41:30 AM »

problem solved. previous owner said he deleted ews. he put in a red label 413 but the module was still connected. cut pin 66 wire and she runs!! called today and tech support figured it out within 5 mins! greatly appreciated guys!!

Alameer

• Administrator
  • Car: 1986 M50B30
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 05:15:55 AM »

glad to hear that everything is well for you now
tell us how you like your new WAR chip and how is it going for your car

usherboy83

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 01:13:49 AM »

well I took the car out for a test run, and wasn't getting boost. comes out the coupler right in front of my blow thru maf came undone. repositioned it, went back for a test run, went 1/8th mile down the road, boosted perfect, turned around and car cut off on me. started it back up, idle bounces up and down then dies. start it, feather the gas to get it into the shop parking lot, shut it off. it started maybe twice with crazy idle fluctuation but now it wont start at all even with stock chip. I put a new cps on the car right before the turbo build, but it sat for a year, so Im going to test the resistance on the sensor especially since it wasn't an OEM sensor and see if that could be my problem. none of the couplers came off this test run, so I don't know what else could be the problem. One of the times I did get it started I unplugged the maf to see if there was any difference but car ran the exact same with or without maf connected. so once I get this figured out ill post up some real results.

bry195

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 07:49:18 PM »

something else came off?