War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: tuning changes  (Read 6149 times)

usherboy83

tuning changes
« on: March 24, 2014, 07:34:29 PM »

im having problems with my changes in my base tunes idle. I set the idle for 1600 rpm at 0 C and go down 100 rpm  from there down to the last degree the chip calls for, I think there are 4 or 5, so it goes 1600, 1500, 1400, etc. My car never idles at these rpms and its been cold her in eastern nc. when I first start the car, it jumps up and down in idle until the car warms a little and then sticks at 1000 rpm. once the car is at normal operating temp, it idles down at 800 rpm. if I drive the car hard going into WOT, at the next stop, the idle once again jumps and then sometimes the car dies. the afr at idle at 1000 rpm jumps between 10-12. Ive added fuel so at WOT its at 11.5-12 afr. once the idle drops the afr goes to 15-16. Ive gotten a 1222  code and I know its from the tune, so I turned the o2 sensor off in the tune and I still register the code at times. do I just need to mess around in the tune more? I have a dyno session coming soon but I wanted the idle and idle afr issue kind fixed. any ideas here?

millerperformance

• Administrator
  • Car: The WAR Machine
    • View Profile
Re: tuning changes
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 04:01:11 PM »

What ECU?

Pistons & Rods | MAF Conversions | Cams | Tuning Packages | Contact | Facebook

usherboy83

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 10:44:54 PM »

413 ecu

Profile36

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 07:43:27 AM »

A couple things that come to mind.

Clean/replace/seal rubber turkey neck for ICV where it clicks in under the intake manifold. Epoxy works great. Is the ICV ok?
Pressure test for vacuum leaks with as much pressure as you plan on using on the road.
Test temp sensor in cylinder head.

Sounds like its something simple but my advice would be not to take it to the dyno before having this addressed.