War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking For 173 ECU Tune  (Read 6237 times)

tleiviane30

• Car: 1991 BMW 325i
    • View Profile
Looking For 173 ECU Tune
« on: January 22, 2014, 12:31:09 PM »

I have the Miller MAF and WAR Chip setup on my 91 325i with Schrick 272 cam, HFE, 19lb injectors, and crank scraper. When I first installed the kit I had to richen up the fuel to get it running right. Ever since then I haven't played with tunes since some of this stuff goes over my head. I'm still trying to learn. So what I was wondering is if anyone has the same or similar setup as I do that has a better than base tune that throws a little ignition timing into it to pick it up just a bit more. If anyone has suggestions as to what I could do to get the most out of my setup please let me know. Share your knowledge or tunes. Thanks!

millerperformance

• Administrator
  • Car: The WAR Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Looking For 173 ECU Tune
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 12:17:25 PM »

Hi there,

How much fuel and what tune did you start with? The cam would need some slight tweaks of fuel, so curious what you call a lot.

Do you have an Air Fuel Ratio gauge? We can help you tune it if we have bare bones, RPM and Air fuel ratio reports from you. What do you have done on the exhaust?

Pistons & Rods | MAF Conversions | Cams | Tuning Packages | Contact | Facebook

tleiviane30

• Car: 1991 BMW 325i
    • View Profile
Re: Looking For 173 ECU Tune
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 05:35:43 PM »

Yes I will PM those figures to you when it warms up here in Kansas. As for exhaust it's the stock cat and I have a high flow 2-1/2 inch pipe from the cat back. Mandrel bent stainless steel. Anyway, I will get those figures recorded early spring.