War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: XP in VirtualBox on Windows 7...Running Wizard just opens a Java window. WTF?!  (Read 6589 times)

Mpowered02

• Car: 1996 AC Schnitzer S3 Sport CLS Replica, 1995 BMW 525i
    • View Profile

Ok, so since I was having some trouble getting the WAR Chip to connect to a Virtual Machine running XP on my Mac via the USB port, I decided to use another PC that is running Windows 7 Home Premium. Downloaded VirtualBox and loaded XP Professional onto the Virtual Machine. Now, in XP I can access the USB and WAR Chip but when I run the WAR Chip Wizard all it does is open a Java tab with the address C:\WINDOWS\java. Inside of that Java tab is 2 folders labeled "classes" and "trust lib" which don't seem to have anything in them. WTF? What am I doing wrong here? Can anyone point me in the right direction? So NOT a computer guy. My brain thinks in gears and moving parts...not zero's and 1's...:) Thanks.

Mpowered02

• Car: 1996 AC Schnitzer S3 Sport CLS Replica, 1995 BMW 525i
    • View Profile

Turns out that this too was a Java problem. Had the latest Java installed on the Host computer (Windows 7), but not in the Virtual Machine running Windows XP. Downloaded the older version of Java that Miller posted into the VM of XP and all is well. Now, if only I could get the VM of XP on my MacBook Pro to connect to the WAR Chip i'd be golden. My PC laptop running XP in VirtualBox is dirt slow while my MacBook Pro running a VM of XP is notably faster...