War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Researching: Best N/A 3.0L Stroker M20 Tune  (Read 7282 times)

DrivingShift

• Car: 1992 E30 Cab - To Be 3.0L Stroker...
    • View Profile
Researching: Best N/A 3.0L Stroker M20 Tune
« on: November 07, 2014, 11:03:56 AM »

I am not starting this project until the spring due to shop space restrictions, but I have a 3.0L Stroker M20 motor (19Ibs Injectors), done by PO via the Ireland Engineering kit. Planning on installing it an manual trans in my E30 Cabriolet.

Plan is to use Miller Prostreet Induction Kit for MAF Conversion along with WAR Chip, and currently thinking best starting point from the ECU173 Tune Cache would be this:

"173 G3 Miller Stroker base (19Lb) 2-8L+.mpc
Gen 3 MAF performance tune using the 3" MAF housing and 19lb injectors for a 2.8L stroker motor"

Sound good? Or better to start with a stock 2.5L Tune and have a shop or Miller do complete custom Tune for it? Previous Owner had the 3.0L running in an E30 but just on stock 2.5L ECU, causing it to run a little rough and dirty, but stable. Just looking to clean it up a little when I swap it in :)

millerperformance

• Administrator
  • Car: The WAR Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Researching: Best N/A 3.0L Stroker M20 Tune
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 09:45:38 AM »

I know this is an old thread, but it is important to note, if you are using the PSIK you must use a PSIK tune as the GEN 3 MAF and PSIK use different sensors. The PSIK 19# tune will be a good starting point for the stroker applications.

Pistons & Rods | MAF Conversions | Cams | Tuning Packages | Contact | Facebook