War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Prosche 944 MAF + WAR  (Read 7849 times)

Doc_Thompson

• Car: Porsche 944
    • View Profile
Prosche 944 MAF + WAR
« on: March 02, 2015, 09:54:44 AM »

For those like me who can't resist taking a different path....

This may help anyone considering the Miller products for their Porsche.  I just completed the MAF and WAR chip conversion on my 1987 944 NA. While I do not have any hard data to share, I can say the tension in the corners of my face from the grin during the last few tuning runs indicate an improvement in the fun factor.

Installation is straight forward.  Use the instructions for the E30 for wire splice.  The 87 944 DME  is located inside the car under the passenger floor panel. I acquired a 28pin DME from an 1989 2.7l from e-bay for $125, this was simpler than soldering in the conversion socket. I got excellent help from Miller (Brody Saari) . The Tune map off the Miller site for the 077 ECU ran lean (15 to 17 AFR) in the PT Map. Most values were at 105 I cranked these up to 125 this brought the AFR down to mid 13 to mid 14 range and I turned off the stock O2 sensor.  car is performing excellent.  I may eventually get a dyno run, however for now it is very drivable as is.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 08:40:08 AM by Doc_Thompson »

millerperformance

• Administrator
  • Car: The WAR Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Prosche 944 MAF + WAR
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 12:27:01 PM »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience. If don't mind, we would like to copy this thread into the review app for the product page.

Pistons & Rods | MAF Conversions | Cams | Tuning Packages | Contact | Facebook

Doc_Thompson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 10:50:52 PM »

Please feel free to share.  I am installing a data logger (as time permits) and will hopefully have some actual data to share in the future. The engine is stock, no mod other than the MAF and chip so the results should indicate performance due to the conversion.  Unfortunately I will not have baseline data as I just acquired the logger.
I tried to attach a photo of the install however the file size was too large. I did send a photo in e-mail to Brody.

Doc_Thompson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 10:59:18 PM »

I will share my base tune file after I get the data logger running.  My current tune is based off of AEM gage readings and a bit of guess work, it is very drivable, but getting data will help dial it in.