War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not Finding the Chip Was Working Past 2 month  (Read 4272 times)

Doc_Thompson

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Posts: 5
  • Car: Porsche 944
    • View Profile
Not Finding the Chip Was Working Past 2 month
« on: April 09, 2015, 09:15:36 PM »

Ok, Everything has been working since mid January.
today I may have found an undocumented not to do.

I went to load a new tune, everything was working normal , chip was found, started the write, the write was working.

While still writing (poor thinking on my part) I recalled I had set the TCM into position #2, wanted it in pos #1, flipped it to position #1, lost connection to the chip, write was not complete, now the WAR software is no longer able to find the chip at all.

The chip has always been a bit slow 10 to 15 min, however it has always connected and loaded.

I have given it several hours, several attempts, not able to find the chip.

I have verified the USB cable is connected, checked for breakage in USB cable with ohm meter,  the chip shows as connected hardware on the PC safe hardware remove window. Shows as a removable drive in Explorer. (the computer is finding the chip)

To assure isolation from any DME issue I removed the chip and tried to get connection, still no success.

I have tried reloading all WAR software, reloading the ECU file
tried loading all software onto another PC , the other PC had the same fail to find chip.

Only thing I can figure is switching the TCM while up loading has caused an issue with the chip.

DME is ECU file 077, running stock engine, NA, Porsche 944. :-[


Logged

need4speed1299

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Not Finding the Chip Was Working Past 2 month
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 07:30:06 PM »

I have almost the same issue currently. I had a laptop and was able to read/write. I installed the software on my new computer (xp, new java). It no longer wants to work, on either computers. I also checked the wiring, popped the ecu open and everything. I also tried reloading the software. My xp is a fresh install, only have war chip software, java, and google chrome.
Logged

millerperformance

  • Administrator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Karma: +4/-0
  • Posts: 186
  • Car: The WAR Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Not Finding the Chip Was Working Past 2 month
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 05:27:32 PM »

You are probably using the WRONG version of java. Don't download the newest, use this version...

www.millerperformancecars.com/customer99/java
Logged

Pistons & Rods | MAF Conversions | Cams | Tuning Packages | Contact | Facebook

Doc_Thompson

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Posts: 5
  • Car: Porsche 944
    • View Profile
Re: Not Finding the Chip Was Working Past 2 month
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 11:24:01 AM »

I need to first say that the Miller team is awesome.  They did contact me personally and we resolved this when I was having this issue.  I unfortunately had over a year of distractions (work assignments out of state) and my project went on the shelf for a while.

This was not a JAVA issue, as noted in the original post everything was working fine for several weeks (over two dozen up loads) until I changed the program switch on the ECU during the upload.

We did end up sending the chip back to Miller and they reloaded the base configuration.  Very quick turnaround, no charge, etc.  The chip has worked flawlessly since and I am now getting a little time to get back to the project.
Logged