War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: E30 M20b28  (Read 13653 times)

ifty

E30 M20b28
« on: September 06, 2013, 02:37:52 AM »

hi all,

iv got  a 1990 E30 cab which I have done a 2.8 stroker to it. iv got the 3" maf with the war chip.

to do the 2.8 stroker iv used the m30b35 injectors, 290/290 cam big bore throttle body and a full stainless steal exhaust from the manifold (headers)

this is a link for the cam that shows the spec if it helps
http://www.newman-cams.com/pdf/bmw.pdf

iv put on the 2.8 stroker base map but it still dont seem wright, car seems a bit slow in low revs and kills the fuel.

does anyone have a map that can support my mod much better and that wont kill of the fuel.

im using the bosch 172 ecu if it helps

all the help is appreciated
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 02:44:59 AM by ifty »

WAR cadet

Re: E30 M20b28
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 11:03:32 AM »

What do you mean by "kill the fuel"? Uses alot? cuts fuel(lean)?

Is the MAF wired in and functioning as per the trouble shooting guides? (can be found on miller site and these forums)

Did you mean 172 ecu or 173?

ifty

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 11:10:46 AM »

What do you mean by "kill the fuel"? Uses alot? cuts fuel(lean)?

Is the MAF wired in and functioning as per the trouble shooting guides? (can be found on miller site and these forums)

Did you mean 172 ecu or 173?

sorry about that ecu is 173 not 172

and the car uses alot of fuel, it had seemed quicker with the c2 alpina chip that i had. need a tune that will support my mods better

millerperformance

• Administrator
  • Car: The WAR Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 10:08:15 PM »

Make sure you run through the MAF troubleshooting guide here: www.millerperformancecars.com/files/Manuals/Troubleshooting%20Guide.pdf

sounds like you don't have your MAF installed right.

Pistons & Rods | MAF Conversions | Cams | Tuning Packages | Contact | Facebook

ifty

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 12:08:50 AM »

Make sure you run through the MAF troubleshooting guide here: www.millerperformancecars.com/files/Manuals/Troubleshooting%20Guide.pdf

sounds like you don't have your MAF installed right.

that was the first thing that i had done after installinf the maf and war chip, the maf has the 12v and the readings are right for the air flow signal

ifty

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 10:29:11 AM »

can anyone help

millerperformance

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 08:35:22 PM »

Just a note, many times a customer notices that their tune feels "slower" because the car is smoother in the RPM rather than a sudden burst of power. This effect happens many times.

However, if you have a wideband air fuel ratio gauge can you please tell me HOW rich the car is running? I need this basic data to be able to help you out. If you want, you can remove some fuel from WOT to lean it out and see if that helps. Does your car have an O2 sensor from factory?

I can help you easily, but I and anyone else who wants to help needs the basic information, AFR. Without that, we don't know HOW much to adjust fuel.

millerperformance

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 11:52:17 AM »

Have you been able to get any air fuel ratio data for us? I really want to help get you sorted. It should be a walk in the park.

ifty

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 09:20:26 AM »

Just a note, many times a customer notices that their tune feels "slower" because the car is smoother in the RPM rather than a sudden burst of power. This effect happens many times.

However, if you have a wideband air fuel ratio gauge can you please tell me HOW rich the car is running? I need this basic data to be able to help you out. If you want, you can remove some fuel from WOT to lean it out and see if that helps. Does your car have an O2 sensor from factory?

I can help you easily, but I and anyone else who wants to help needs the basic information, AFR. Without that, we don't know HOW much to adjust fuel.

hi sorry for the late reply i cant get readings for o2, no o2 sensors or anything like that on the car. closest thing i can possibly get at the moment is a smog test. its mainly the lower revs which seem less responsive.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 10:08:18 AM by ifty »

millerperformance

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 01:42:19 PM »

Hi Ifty,

Thanks for the reply, was worried we lost you! What I was referring to is an aftermarket WIDEBAND air fuel ratio gauge. These are fairly cheap nowadays and tell you a proper value instead of a limited narrowband value (stock sort of system for these cars if they had O2 sensors)

If you got a wideband like this one, https://www.millerperformancecars.com/store/gauges/aem-wideband-sensor-detail
you would know exactly how rich or how lean your car is running and then the corrections to the maps can be made. It is a valuable tool to help troubleshoot your engine anytime problems occur. Since it tells you an exact ratio, it would help point you in the direction you need to go for proper diagnosis. It is also great peace of mind to know your car is not running overly rich or too lean rather than just guessing.

ifty

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 09:49:16 AM »

is there any other way i can get the readings as im not looking to get  WIDEBAND air fuel ratio gauge

ifty

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 11:04:00 AM »

bump