War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: list of prerequisite files, updates, programs  (Read 7427 times)

falkor

list of prerequisite files, updates, programs
« on: October 25, 2013, 12:56:59 PM »

installed a fresh copy of XP (here in 2013) for just this one thing.

and now that microsoft is no longer supporting updates or updating at all (at least on my laptops), i would like a list of all prerequisites required to get this thing working asap..(or ever)

i am currently getting HTTP Error 404 (which means the file / directory is no longer active)..so, maybe i cannot ever run this war chip .

sofar i know it needs java .

any help would be appreciated.
although i don't see much activity. i hardly expect to see anything so this is merely a wake up call to those who think they could easily slap on a copy of XP and believe this would ever work.

falkor

Re: list of prerequisite files, updates, programs
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 01:09:55 PM »

i cannot even register the fully licensed version of XP any longer

e30productions

• Car: 1987 bmw 325is e30 (BEAM)
  • E30 PRODUCTIONS
    • View Profile
Re: list of prerequisite files, updates, programs
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 12:04:57 AM »

this is exzactly what you need to do. i was having the same problem. your going to download vm ware which is a virtural machine. you need to get a copy of windows xp on a disc and have the product key or find a product key that will work from the internet. then once you have windows xp running on the vm ware, go and download the newest update from miller warchip forum thats out i believe it is 2.2.3 i think. and then plug in your warchip and on the virtual machine when you plug in your usb from your warchip there is an icon on vm ware on the bottom and you need to switch over the usb to the vm ware so windows xp on the vm ware sees the warchip on that program. then it will be good to go and you will be able to do everything you want. but note when you download tunes from the internet you have to download them off the vm ware off windows xp cause there is no way to drag them over to the vm ware so keep that in mind. sorry this is alot of info but just trying to help you out. if you more theral instructions just msg me