War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: e36 m52 OBD1  (Read 8957 times)

ding

• Car: 92 325i
    • View Profile
e36 m52 OBD1
« on: November 15, 2013, 08:11:04 AM »

Hey, figured I would post here, in case someone is working on the same sort of build.  I've been running autocross for the last 6 years and last summer I ran my STX prep'd 92 e36 with a non-vanos m50.  After doing pretty well in that class, I decided I wanted a bit more power, and am swapping in a m52.  Due to the class I will be in, I'll have stock cams. But it will have an m50 manifold, 413 ecu, pink tops, cat back, underdrive pulleys, and CAI.  As thats all legal.  Every bushing has been replaced on the car, I've reinforced the front subframe, and will be doing the rear soon.  I'll be running my getrag trans,  3.15 lsd, camber arms, plates, coilovers with 600# springs all around. Currently running Kosie K1s with Rival 245s.

I'm getting my millerchip and wideband today, I hope,  seeing my motor isn't installed yet I won't be able to do much, but tuning is all new to me, so any pointers or places to start would be great.  Even better is someone has a base tune thats really close to my setup, that would be great.  I'm looking forward to playing with messing with vanos, and launch control at the autox start, lol

millerperformance

• Administrator
  • Car: The WAR Machine
    • View Profile
Re: e36 m52 OBD1
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 10:44:01 AM »

looks good! I'm a sucker for sedans.

Pistons & Rods | MAF Conversions | Cams | Tuning Packages | Contact | Facebook

ding

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 08:04:29 AM »

Decided to get a 3.5 maf so I could use one of the base tunes already made for my setup.  Need to figure out what I'm doing for air intake in front of that now.

ding

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 03:27:01 PM »

Haven't been getting much done on the car of late. I just reinforced the subframe and RTAB pockets and added a AA diff support brace.  Finally got to drive it on the street today, played with the tuning a bit, was having issues at first, but I called in today and tech support told me I might not have been hitting enter when changing my rev limit, so that might have been it.  Will try again and report back after I get some solid time in driving it.