War Chip Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Database for Tunes  (Read 13086 times)

ding

• Car: 92 325i
    • View Profile
Database for Tunes
« on: August 20, 2013, 08:46:01 AM »

I'm debating on picking the War Chip up to use on my nv50, until I swap in an m52.  Wondering if there is a database for base tunes that I can go through and start with.    Any help would be great.

lagwagon

• View Profile
Re: Database for Tunes
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 01:13:06 PM »

When you install the war chip it gives you the option to download various N/A base tunes.. when you buy the turbo tuning package it comes with the turbo base tune

millerperformance

• Administrator
  • Car: The WAR Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 01:52:44 PM »

we don't have nearly as many NV tunes as we do tunes for the VANOS equipped engines. The simple reason is there is little demand for non vanos stuff.

What is your starting set up? I can tell you if we have anything that would be usable as a starting point for you.

Pistons & Rods | MAF Conversions | Cams | Tuning Packages | Contact | Facebook

ding

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 07:22:29 AM »

Stock internals, injectors and maf, but CAI, s52 headers, ac delete, fan delete, under drive pullies, m3 cat back, and I think that's it.

ding

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 07:54:54 AM »

For my m52 Ill have a m50, my current headers and exhaust, cai, not sure which injectors I will use yet, or maf.  Any pro tips on that?

WAR cadet

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 12:30:00 PM »

Hello ding,

The mods that you have will not effect the car in a way that would require a drastically different tune. The M50 performance tune would be suitable for your car.

TheButcher

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 10:09:26 PM »

Hi All, I thought I posted my question previously, maybe wrong place. Here goes; '97 M3 track car only, S52B32 motor, M50 manifold, OBDI w/  413 Bosch Red Label, race exhaust (3" S.S. Straight thru w/ magnaflow muffler on stock M3 exhaust headers. Intake side has trac control TB removed, aftermarket smooth intake tubing between TB and manifold, stock 3" MAF, cold air dinan intake. We put in 24 lb. injectors (don't know if that was unnecessary), the motor spends much of its life at full throttle.  Looking at the tunes that came w/ the WAR chip, any recommendations which one, or is there a better tune out there? We discussed going to a good quality 3.5" MAF and larger intake piping to go with it. Our thinking is that with the M50 manifold, and straight thru exhaust, maybe we should increase intake diameter to take advantage of better exhaust breathing. I love opinions.

ding

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 07:02:39 AM »

Hi All, I thought I posted my question previously, maybe wrong place. Here goes; '97 M3 track car only, S52B32 motor, M50 manifold, OBDI w/  413 Bosch Red Label, race exhaust (3" S.S. Straight thru w/ magnaflow muffler on stock M3 exhaust headers. Intake side has trac control TB removed, aftermarket smooth intake tubing between TB and manifold, stock 3" MAF, cold air dinan intake. We put in 24 lb. injectors (don't know if that was unnecessary), the motor spends much of its life at full throttle.  Looking at the tunes that came w/ the WAR chip, any recommendations which one, or is there a better tune out there? We discussed going to a good quality 3.5" MAF and larger intake piping to go with it. Our thinking is that with the M50 manifold, and straight thru exhaust, maybe we should increase intake diameter to take advantage of better exhaust breathing. I love opinions.

http://forums.millerperformancecars.com/index.php?topic=43.0

This thread has all the tunes they have tested for your ECU.  You might have to change back to 21lb injectors, but you might be able to play with it and make it work.

matte30race

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 01:31:09 PM »

Im very new to this forum, and im after some base tune guidance. Im in Australia, and the fuel I use in my race only M30 powered  e30 is 98 octane. The tunes that were available to me in the wizzard seam to be 87oct? there was one Alpina tune that the oct was not specified? My ecu is a 179. I have not got it all up and running yet but i cant emagine a 87 oct tune will be ok for a car that runs 98? Its stock except for a mild- med cam and and exhaust. If someone can give me some guidance that would be great!

Alameer

• Administrator
  • Car: 1986 M50B30
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 08:53:05 AM »

87 octane tune will work on your car very safely, but there is more potential to your car with the 98 octane you are using.
in order to get the best result of the fuel you're getting i would suggest you take your car to the dyno to squeeze every last bit of power you can using the octane you're running.